F-1/M-1/J-1 Student and Exchange Program Visas

You will require a student visa if you are a foreign national who wishes to study in the United States.

F-1 or M-1 visa applicant must meet the following qualifications:

  • Be enrolled in an “academic” educational program, a language-training program, or a vocational program
  • School must be approved by the Student and Exchange Visitors Program, Immigration & Customs Enforcement
  • Be enrolled as a full-time student at the institution
  • Be proficient in English or be enrolled in courses leading to English proficiency
  • Have sufficient funds available for self-support during the entire proposed course of study
  • Maintain a residence abroad which you have no intention of giving up.

F-1 Student Visa

The F-1 Visa (Academic Student) allows you to enter the United States as a full-time student at an accredited college, university, seminary, conservatory, academic high school, elementary school, or other academic institution or in a language training program.

M-1 Student Visa

The M-1 visa (Vocational Student) category includes students in vocational or other nonacademic programs, other than language training.

J-1 Classification (exchange visitors) is a type of visa offered for foreign nationals intending to participate in an approved program for either teaching, consulting, researching, and receiving specialized training, among others.  Examples of potential qualified applicant include:

  • Professors or scholars

  • Research assistants

  • Students

  • Trainees

  • Teachers

  • Specialists

  • Nannies/Au pairs

  • Camp counselors

Contact Igbanugo Partners today online to assist you in obtaining your desired student visa or by calling 612-746-0360.