B1/B2 Visas


Generally, a citizen of a foreign country who wishes to enter the United States must first obtain a visa, either a nonimmigrant visa for temporary stay, or an immigrant visa for permanent residence. Visitor visas are nonimmigrant visas for persons who want to enter the United States temporarily for business (visa category B-1), tourism, pleasure or visiting (visa category B-2), or a combination of both purposes (B-1/B-2).

Stressed about getting the visa necessary to plan your dream vacation? Why worry when Igbanugo Partners can take care of it for you.

Our attorneys help prepare the documentation necessary for applicants wishing to temporarily visit the United States, including the required paperwork for intending visitors that need financial sponsorship to be eligible for such a visa.  We additionally assist clients with family members in the United States that would like the ability to visit the United States on multiple occasions without having to reapply for such a visa within a 5-10 year timeframe, by helping them build the strongest case possible in their favor.

Within this visa category there exists a Visa Waiver Program as long as they are travelling on a participating airline and hold a return or onward ticket to a country other than Canada. Citizens of the following countries specifically do not need a visa for visits to the U.S. of up to 90 days:  Andorra, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brunei, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Monaco, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, San Marino, Singapore, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom.

Those present in the U.S. under the visa waiver scheme are subject to close to the same conditions as those on a B1/B2 visa, except that it’s usually not possible to extend the visa while in the U.S. or to change to another visa.

Contact Igbanugo Partners online for more information on how we can help you or call us at 612-746-0360.